Friday, October 12, 2007

The Couple - IV

Since restarting my art class I have been working a little more on "The Couple." It's coming along quite nicely I think. I have (1) removed the brown line in the background; (2) reshaped the eye of the woman - I think that it looks much better now; (3) worked a little more on the hair, this is going to be a real challenge to me. How do I suggest that I have painted every single hair individually, without actually doing so? I need some tips, and plenty of practice I think! Finally (4) I have been quietly and slowly building up better tones and colours, especially around the woman's neck. My plan going forward is to continue to slowly modify shapes and colours to complete the sculpting effect, (hopefully along the way the hair will also be finished) then it should be complete. The colours I used for her neck were: viridian, cadmium red medium, naples yellow and chinese white. I sketched in the hair with raw umber.

No comments: